Experience: Hotel Renovations/Construction Project Manager
This position monitors all phases of the construction process from inception to completion and is responsible for all aspects of each hotel improvement and renovation. The role oversees the interior design team, architect, engineer, purchasing team and coordinates with the hotel staff to ensure that all projects are completely timely, within budget to the highest level of quality and with minimum impact to the hotels operation.
You can either work out of the corporate office or your home office.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact as well as:
- Oversee multi-hotel renovations and PIP or at one time in different stages of design and construction or new hotel construction projects
- Travel 20-35% to project locations
- Perform a key role in project planning and identification of resources needed
- Develop realistic and accurate project schedules
- Create the team, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities communicating effectively
- Review the deliverable prepared by the team and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Understand the physical plant and characteristics of the buildings
- Prepare bids, contracts and change orders for the presentation to clients
- Review submittals for compliance and accuracy
- Must be able to forecast long lead items
- Review and approve valid contractor change requests processing approvals in a timely manner
- Monitor all renovation and capital improvement scopes to fall within budget
- Provide project functions including managing the budget, tracking team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Continual reconciliation between project status report and project cost report
- Complete full and timely project close-out ensuring the project punch-list is complete
- Coordinate and participate in all design/team meetings
- Knowledge about site construction activities, Architecture, Design, Engineering and Construction.
- Hospitality/hotel construction PM experience required.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, MS Projects, and Adobe.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and understanding client needs
- Degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or Related Field preferred.