Assistant Project ManagerRemote Opportunity
For this role, you will assist the project manager on all phases of the construction process from inception to completion and is responsible for all aspects of each hotel improvement and renovation. You’ll assist with overseeing the interior design team, architect, engineer, purchasing team and coordinates with the hotel staff to ensure that all projects are completely timely, within budget to the highest level of quality and with minimum impact to the hotels operation.
You can either work out of our New Jersey corporate office or your home office.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact as well as:
- Assist with overseeing multi-hotel renovations and PIP or at one time in different stages of design and construction or new hotel construction projects
- Travel 20-35% to project locations
- Perform a key role in project planning and identification of resources needed
- Assist with developing realistic and accurate project schedules
- Assist with team creation, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities communicating effectively
- Review the deliverable prepared by the team and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Understand the physical plant and characteristics of the buildings
- Prepare bids, contracts and change orders for the presentation to clients
- Review submittals for compliance and accuracy
- Must be able to forecast long lead items
- Review and approve valid contractor change requests processing approvals in a timely manner
- Assist with monitoring all renovation and capital improvement scopes to fall within budget
- Provide project functions including managing the budget, tracking team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Continual reconciliation between project status report and project cost report
- Complete full and timely project close-out ensuring the project punch-list is complete
- Assist with coordinating and participate in all design/team meetings
- Knowledge about site construction activities, Architecture, Design, Engineering and Construction.
- Hospitality/hotel construction PM experience required.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, MS Projects, and Adobe.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and understanding client needs.
- Degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or Related Field preferred.